India’s Grand Heritage: Hotels For The Ultimate Experience
Experiencing India’s heritage is a once-in-a-lifetime experience every tourist needs. The country has a great history of architecture, royalty, pride, bravery, and sacrifice. Every era has a unique story to tell, and you can live these tales in India’s heritage hotels. Below I am sharing the best Indian Heritage Hotels for the ultimate experience.
Rawla Narlai: Rawla Narlai is from the 17th century and restored. It is a royal retreat between Jodhpur and Udaipur. Overlooking visitors in a beautiful traditional temple town, it ideally glorifies a rural Rajasthani setting. Here’s what I experienced here.
Tour Suggestion :- Explore Rajasthan, Taj & Ajanta Tour Package
Also Read :- 10 Most Expensive Hotels in India
- Staying in one of its 32 rooms was bliss, looking outside at the courtyards with flowers.
- I enjoyed the traditional furnishings, ornate frescos, and painted archways.
- I recommend having a taste of traditional Rajasthani cuisine here. Whether you are vegetarian or non-vegetarian, there is something for everyone.
- Relaxing in the pool hidden in the walled garden was a memorable experience.
- I even dined outside under the stars at the lamplit court entrance.
Rohet Garh: 100 years after the Rawla Narlai was built came the Rohet Garh, the throne of the nobility in the local king’s court. Experience royalty on the edge of the Thar Desert in this 18th-century gloriously restored lakeside fort. Here’s what you will get here.
Tour Suggestion :- Discover Deserts, Forts and Palaces Tour Package
Also Read :- India Travel Tips
- Pick one of the 34 spacious rooms and experience stunning frescos, antique furniture, and hanging chairs.
- I took my time to explore the cream-colored domes, mosaics, and murals alongside the pavilion-lined pool.
- Outside, you will enjoy the arched verandas and marble fountains. The trimmed grass compliments the surroundings.
- Talking about food, the traditional cuisine had me slurp my tongue just from its smell.
Dev Shree, Deogarh: There is something about the Royal Rajput Havelis that always mesmerize you. This traditional Haveli of the Royal Rajput couple Shatrunjai and Bhavna Singh is no different. Staying here took me back to the ancient Rajput times. Here’s why.
Dev Shree, Deogarh
Also Read : – Top Twenty Luxury Wedding Destinations in India
- I am glad that I stayed in one of its seven royal suites. After a luxurious bath, I looked at the fantastic views of the gardens and lawn.
- I enjoyed every sip of my afternoon tea on the pillared veranda. Latter, pre-dinner cocktails with everyone in the center courtyard became an unforgettable memory.
- I had delight in recalling the dinner experience in the grand dining room.
Shahpura Bagh: To get the perfect experience of rural Rajasthan, I recommend the Shahpura Bagh, which was once the summer residence of Shahpura’s ruling clan. Thanks to its unspoiled setting between Jaipur and Udaipur, it will feel more like a Homestay. Surprisingly enough, the family still owns one of its buildings. Let me share my experience back in 2019.
Also Read : –
- Staying in one of the nine bedrooms was fantastic. The antiques and Kashmiri carpets compliment the looks.
- Looking down at the two beautiful lakes from the 45-acre veranda is a must.
- You must try the old Rajasthani family classics served in the elegant dining room.
- You can visit the fascinating stepwell and temple if you wish to.
- End your day with a classic lime soda at the old fort.
RAAS Devigarh: In the City of the Lakes, Udaipur resides an 18th-century fortress turned boutique hotel. The location is amid wheat fields in the Aravali Hills bordering Delwara. To summarize, it’s a separate vision of pools, spas, suites, and gardens. Now to share my wonderful experience:
Tour Suggestion :- Udaipur Fort and Temple Bicycle Tour
- There are 39 contemporary designed suites – white, offset with silver, peacock green, and saffron yellow.
- As if the luxurious feel wasn’t enough, it is adorned with local marble and semi-precious stones.
- You can have traditional meals in the dining room, and royal cocktails in the glided open-air bar.
- Having a candlelight dinner at the Sheesh Mahal will be outstanding.
Author Bio :- Adelina Tomas is from England; I am an avid tourist traveling for eight years and counting. I love exploring new destinations and open areas such as forts because I enjoy the breeze on my hair. Recently I experienced a stay at one of the best Indian heritage hotels. It was unforgettable.
So this was it, the top 5 heritage hotels in India. Want an even more incredible experience at one of these places on your next India Tour? I suggest India by Car and Driver and Trip 2 India Tours for the best-staying arrangements. My India trip and stay was arranged by India by Car and Driver and experience was awesome.
You may be also interested in :-