7 Reasons Why You Should Explore Kerala in Winter with Best Kerala Tour Packages
Kerala, fondly called ‘God’s Own Country’, is a tropical paradise located in the southernmost part of India. With its palm-fringed beaches, tranquil backwaters, verdant hills, exotic wildlife, and rich cultural heritage, Kerala Tour is a dream vacation for tourists from all over the world.
Though Kerala is beautiful to visit throughout the year, the winter season from December to February is perhaps the best time for an enchanting holiday in this south Indian state. The cool and pleasant weather, festivals, blooming flowers, and several other factors make winter an ideal time to explore Kerala.
Here are seven reasons why you must visit Kerala in winter with the top tour operators in India:
7 Reasons Why You Should Book a Kerala Tour Package
1. Pleasant Weather for Sightseeing on Your Kerala Tour
Kerala experiences moderately cool and comfortable weather during winter, unlike the hot and humid conditions in other parts of India.
The daytime temperatures range from 22°C to 32°C which makes it ideal for leisurely sightseeing. You can take boat cruises in the backwaters, laze on the golden beaches, trek in the hills, or go on wildlife safaris during the day.
The Kerala Weather in Winter during evenings is cool and pleasant. It is just right for cultural shows, shopping, and trying out local cuisine. With the best Kerala tour packages, you can cover all the must-see places in comfort!
Best Places to Visit in Kerala in Winter
- Munnar – Misty hill station to see tea estates, lakes, wildlife
- Alleppey – Backwater cruises, houseboat stays
- Thekkady – Spice plantations and Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary
- Varkala – Cliffs, beaches, mineral springs
- Kovalam – Palm-fringed beaches and Ayurveda centers
2. Experience Unique Winter Festivals with Best Kerala Tour Packages
Winters in Kerala come alive with colorful festivals and events that showcase the local culture and traditions of the state.
Top Winter Festivals in Kerala
- Onam – 10-day harvest festival in August/September
- Thiruvathira – Folk dance festival dedicated to Lord Shiva
- Thrissur Pooram – Largest temple festival with majestic processions of elephants
- Cochin Carnival – Parades, shows, fireworks on New Year’s Eve
Attending these lively festivals with a South India holiday package gives you a chance to join in the revelries, feast on traditional delicacies, and absorb the infectious festive spirit. The festive vibes, elaborate rituals, enthusiastic crowds, decorated elephants and fireworks make for an unforgettable experience.
3. Revel in Kerala’s Breathtaking Green Cover
Thanks to the winter rain, Kerala in winter transforms into a carpet of lush greenery. The rain-washed forests and hills, paddy fields, plantations, parks, and gardens are at their greenest best.
You can soak in panoramic views of emerald landscapes while exploring places like Munnar, Vagamon, Silent Valley National Park, Nelliyampathy, and more. The weather also makes trekking through nature trails and wildlife spotting comfortable.
Don’t miss these top destinations in Kerala in winter:
- Munnar – Lush green tea estates and verdant hills
- Silent Valley National Park – Tropical rainforests
- Neyyar Wildlife Sanctuary – Waterfalls amidst dense woods
4. Rejuvenating Ayurveda Therapies – Top Things to do in Kerala in Winter
Winter is the best season to rejuvenate your body, mind and soul with authentic Ayurveda therapies and treatments in Kerala. The cool climate allows your body to absorb the benefits of Ayurvedic oils and therapies more effectively.
Indulge in relaxing oil massages, nourishing facials, medicinal herb treatments, yoga, meditation and more at reputed Ayurveda centers and resorts across Kerala. Some great places to experience Ayurveda are Kovalam, Varkala, Kumarakom, Thekkady, etc.
Ayurvedic therapies will detox your body, boost immunity and leave you feeling relaxed and re-energized. Include an Ayurveda treatment package in your South India Tour Package for a holistic wellness experience.
5. Spot Exotic Birds and Wildlife on Your South India Tour
The winter months are a great time for birdwatching and wildlife experiences in Kerala’s national parks and sanctuaries.
Some top wildlife hotspots to visit in Kerala:
- Periyar Tiger Reserve – Tigers, elephants, gaurs, sambars
- Eravikulam National Park – Endangered Nilgiri Tahr
- Kumarakom Bird Sanctuary – Egrets, darters, teals
- Thattekkad Bird Sanctuary – Drangoflies, bee-eaters, owls
You can opt for jeep safaris, treks, bamboo rafting, watchtower visits and more for great wildlife sightings. The cooler climate makes wildlife spotting much more comfortable than the summer heat.
6. Enjoy Kerala’s Scrumptious Winter Delicacies
One of the best parts of visiting Kerala in winter is getting to feast on unique local delicacies that are in season.
Best Foods to Eat in Kerala in Winter:
- Puttu (steamed rice cakes) and kadala (black chickpeas) curry
- Idiyappam (string hoppers) with egg curry
- Malabar porotta with Kerala beef fry
- Seafood specialties like fish molee, karimeen, prawn curry
- Banana chips and teatime snacks like unni appam
Dig into these mouthwatering dishes at local restaurants, shacks, homestays and enjoy the incredible local flavors. Food experiences on your Southern Grandeur Tour Package are a great way to sample authentic cuisine too.
7. Avail Attractive Deals on Best Kerala Tour Packages
Since winter is the peak tourism season, you can find great deals and discounts on Kerala tour packages offered by the best Tours and Travels Company India.
By booking well in advance, you can save money on accommodation, activities, transfers, etc. The Best Travel Agency in India offers early bird discounts, combo deals on hotels plus sightseeing, and seasonal sale prices.
You can customize your tour package or opt for all-inclusive ones to match your budget and travel preferences. Booking through top Tour Agents in India also helps you discover hidden gems instead of just mainstream attractions.
So, connect with Best Tour Operators in India, India by Car and Driver to book the perfect Kerala Tour Package on your India Trip!